So in Texas we call Salsa, Hot Sauce. I remember living in California and asking for hot sauce at a Mexican restaurant and they brought me Tabasco. A reminder that I was not in Texas anymore. I loved our time in CA, but I missed my Tex-Mex. Being back in the Lone Star state I can get all the “hot sauce” I want!
A spicy, tangy Tex-Mex salsa that goes with anything!
- 1 14.5 oz Cans diced tomatoes (if you can find fire roasted even better)
- 1 small can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 1 jalapeno (if you want it hot leave the seeds and stems otherwise remove the seeds and stems
- 1/4 White onion, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 Limes juiced
- 1 garlic cloves-remove peel but keep whole
- 1/2 cup Cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
In a blender or food processor, add all ingredients and pulse until blended, but still chunky. Taste for salt and add if needed.
Pour mixture into a jar and let sit in refrigerator for a few hours for the flavors to meld.
Serve with ANYTHING! Seriously, serve with tortilla chips, eggs, potatoes, breakfast sandwiches, breakfast burritos, pour over grilled flank steak, grilled chicken breasts...
Leave A Comment