When I was a little girl my Dad and I were in Indian Princesses. It was so much fun! We got to spend time with our Dad and our friends and do really cool things like camp outs, making leather vests to wear to campfires or carving walking sticks. How fun is that for little girls? Honestly, I think the Dads had more fun than the girls on the camp outs and I am certain there was no alcohol involved in their fun.
One month we had a “camp out” at my friends house and we made S’mores on the grill because the responsible dads did not want to build a bonfire in the backyard, seriously? But…the s’mores were SO, SO good! I love the idea of s’mores on a summer night, but sometimes you don’t have a fire going or you have little people around and you don’t want to spill your drink while helping them turn the marshmallows into flame throwers. So..what is a drink holding, partying parent supposed to do so their little precious children can enjoy summer s’mores?? That’s right-make S’more brownies!
A great way to get the summer taste of S'mores without the firepit.
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- 1 1/2 Cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 box Brownie mix along with the ingredients needed (usually 1 egg, oil and water)
- 1 bag Mini marshmallows
Preheat the oven to 325°
In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, graham crackers, sugar and salt. It will look like sand.
Pour the graham cracker mixture into a greased 8x8 baking pan. Press the mixture flat with your hands. Be sure to get it in an even layer. Bake for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, make brownie mixture, according the box directions.
Once the graham cracker crust is baked, remove from oven and pour brownie mixture on top of crust. Bake for an additional 35 minutes or longer if your brownie mix calls for it. You want the brownie to be cooked through. Stick a toothpick in the middle and if it comes out clean the brownies are done.
When ready to serve, place a layer of marshmallows on top of brownie layer. Place in the oven with the broiler on. Allow the marshmallows to brown-be very careful this happens very quickly!
Cut into squares or triangles and serve.
- If you have parchment paper, line your baking pan. Cut a piece the size of your pan and place in the bottom before your pour the graham cracker mixture into the pan. It will make it easier to get the brownies out when cooked.
- If you cant find a box of pre crumbled graham crackers then just put a sleeve of crackers into a zip lock bag and crush with your mallet or you can put them in your mini prep and create crumbs that way.