So, tonight was one of those nights where everyone was going in a million directions and my husband was headed to the airport. I had about 5 minutes to make dinner. I knew we were not going to be able to sit down tonight as a family and this recipe is perfect to just wait on the stove until someone is ready to eat.
The easiest dinner to get on the table for busy nights. If you want to add protein you can toss in torn rotisserie chicken, grilled or sauted shrimp, sliced steak or baked salmon.
- 1 Red bell pepper, cut into large bite sized pieces
- 1 Yellow bell pepper, cut into large bite sized pieces
- 1 Green bell pepper, cut into large bite sized pieces
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium Red onion, cut into large bite sized pieces (red onions are sweeter than white)
- 2 Tablespoons Capers, drained
- 3 Tablespoons Basil, torn
- 3 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 lb. Farfalle pasta (or any short pasta you have on hand), cooked according to package directions. Drain, but do not rinse.
- Grated Parmesan
- * add grilled chicken, rotisserie chicken, shrimp, salmon... if you need protein
In large skillet over medium high heat add olive oil. Saute onions and peppers until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, capers and basil. Toss pepper mixture with cooked pasta. Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired.