Chicken with White Wine and Mushrooms
This is one of those dump and bake recipes. So easy, fast to put together and healthy! The family will love it. It is also great to take to friends who are sick, had a baby, home from the hospital or grieving a loved one.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 Cup Olive oil
- 4 Stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2-3/4 Cup Shredded carrots (you can find these in the grocery already shredded)
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced (use one of those garlic presses-so much easier and your hands don't smell like garlic)
- 1 Small onion, chopped
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- 1 lb. Fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley, chopped
- 1-16oz Can Stewed, sliced tomatoes
- 1 Cup Dry white wine
- 1 Chicken flavored boullion cube
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt (you can reduce if you prefer)
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
Preheat oven to 350°
Place trimmed chicken in a 9"x13" baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
In a saute pan, heat oil and add garlic, celery, carrots and onions. Cook over medium-high heat until onions are translucent. About 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, melt butter in microwave. Combine remaining ingredients and mixture from saute pan to melted butter. Pour over chicken.
Cover with foil and bake for 35-40 minutes (depending on how thick the chicken breasts are) until cooked through. Remove chicken and slice then return back to dish or other serving dish and cover with vegetables and sauce.