1 stick butter, room temperature
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest (about 1/2 a lemon)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3 Tablespoons fresh herbs, minced (parsley, chives, tarragon)
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Using a spatula makes it much easier to mix thoroughly.
Place butter mixture onto a piece of parchment paper or plastic wrap. Roll the mixture to form a log.
Place in the fridge for about 3-4 hours.
Once chilled, cut off pats of butter and place on top of anything your are cooking or mix in with pasta.
* If you are short on time then place the formed log into the freezer for about 30 minutes and it will be ready to use.
* You can use any combination of flavors you can think of. Here are a few using 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter:
- 1 lemon zested, 1 Tablespoon chopped dill, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1oz. Roquefort cheese, 1 Tablespoon minced chives 1/2 pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely minced jalapeno (seeds removed), 1 lime zested, 2 teaspoons minced cilantro
Recipe from Theres Always Pizza at TheresAlwaysPizza.com